Monday, April 18, 2011

Blog Post 7 Verge With A Vengeance

Class -Workplace Innovation, Instructor Todd Perrault
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Green Bay, WI
Blog Post #7 “Verge With A Vengeance.”
Team Innovation Tigers Class Room Progress

     I am always amazed at the new innovative creations the members of the class find to present. I loved the sensor that can be installed in bathroom doors to sense if the person used the antibacterial soap or not. We talked of the practicality of using it in a hospital or restaurant. There are super cool watches that act as a phone. In fact I have to look that up myself.
     We found out in class that we have some ground to cover with our verge project. Our team had the misconception that the verge project was about the project completion. Although it is important, our team WIKI has to be about the process. We came up with a plan as a group of how we should make it happen. For the remainder of the project, I divided the project pieces up and delegated the remaining jobs and posted them on the WIKI by the next day like we discussed. We had decided to check the WIKI daily, however that seems to be a challenge to accomplish. I sent out an email the following Friday to make sure everyone knew I had updated the WIKI. I am learning, as a person uses the new technology in a team environment, there is a learning curve, not just with how it works but when to use it. Using new technologies, in most cases don’t happen overnight. I used to think that the younger generations have high tech advantages. However, they don’t have the fear that some older persons exhibit when working with technologies. To use the technologies in a business application, the older workers are familiar with the business operations and can work with the younger people to understand the business expectations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm always excited to hear and see your ideas. Together we will build a better world.